Sunday, September 4, 2011

Vietnam X, Nha Trang

The road from the highlands to the coast was excellent on the bike. Other road users had slightly more problems with the bends.
I came from the north to the city and thus had the pleasure to ride along most of the beach promenade.
When I went in my dorm room during lunch time and found half of the guests still in deep sleep, I thought of this as a good indication that Nha Trang's reputation as the party capital of Vietnam is true.
I spent the day at the town beach. The beach is very good for an urban beach and unique in the offshore amusement island Vinpearl. A cable car connects the mainland with Vinpearl. But ultimately urban beaches are always the second choice to secluded coves in my opinion.
The nightlife in Nha Trang was good. In the evening, the tourists head out to a handful of bars. Later everybody goes to a club with private beach. The audience there is a good mix of tourists, local partygoers and the in Southeast Asia inevitable prostitutes. At two ends in the morning the music is turned off, at least on weekdays, some of those eager to party continue to other bars, but nightlife is largely over. I had three very good nights in Nha Trang.
The beach life on the first day had not convinced me and so I went to explore the surrounding area on the second day. After reading the Nha Trang article on Wikitravel, I decided to drive to Long Beach 25 kilometers south of Nha Trang. The road to the beach offers a magnificent panorama on the stretch of coast. Arriving at the beach I was very pleased. The beach was lined with huts selling cheap drinks and seafood. After half a day of absolute relaxation on the beach I decided to prolong my stay by one day, to enjoy the beach and nightlife.

Other road user



Fisherman







Vinpearl

Long Beach from my point of view

No comments:

Post a Comment