Friday, September 30, 2011

Thailand II, Koh Phangan

On the bus to Koh Phangan, I had a good talk with Jonathan from Israel. He was one of the few who were headed for Koh Phangan not to attend Full Moon Party, but to join a Muay Thai Training Camp. The bus ride was followed by a bottle of Sang Song for breakfast and then a ride on the ferry to Koh Phangan.
The first thing I did on Koh Phangan, was renting a motorcycle for my five day stay. The Honda Wave, which I was rented was reliable, efficient and all the switches worked, however it was not a Minsk. With my regained freedom, I was able to ride to Haad Rin (the place of the full moon party) and find an affordable bungalow.
In the evening of the same day I was a spectator at a Muay Thai fight. It was a very good experience. There were five fights that evening. Ranging from newcomers in the ring over Europeans, who both lost their fights, to a battle of two experienced Bangkok Muay Thai fighters. Unfortunately I could not take any photos, because I went to a pool party after the fight.
The Full Moon Party is held every full moon night on the beach of Haad Rin. From a small party it grow to be one of Asia's biggest party. The beach is lined with small stalls selling buckets of alcoholic drinks. The resorts, bars and clubs pumping out music to their0 sections of the beach and offer other activities as well, a slide and burning skipping ropes are just two of those. Neon-colored clothing and bodypaint are the predominant style of party-goers. Since my blog is public I will not go into the details of my evening. It was a good party.
After I recovered the day after the party, I took the ferry back to the mainland on Wednesday.

My Full Moon Outfit (Neon body paint was applied later)

Haad Rin beach



Buckets of alcoholic drinks on sale

No comments:

Post a Comment