Thursday, August 18, 2011

Vietnam III, Pho Chau

What can I say about Pho Chau? The food at the restaurant and the hotel, where I stayed, were good.
In the morning I left Mai Chau with the goal to get as close as possible to my destination for the next night. Wherever I would end this night would be allright. The first 80 kilometers were rich in variety. The road surface changed from asphalt to sand or mud and the road went up and down. When I began to wonder just how far I could get in such conditions, the road I was taking emerged into Ho Chi Minh Highway. On this good road, the trip was rather boring, but I could make good progress.
During the day I had met two groups of western motorcyclist. In the late afternoon I met the third, two Frenchmen, just before my spontaneously chosen destination. The two had also decided to end the day in Pho Chau. We found a hotel and a restaurant for dinner. I wanted to leave town early in the next morning, so the rest of the rest of the evening program was rather short.
On this day I rode my bike for more than 450 kilometers. The scenery and countless children, who waved from the roadside and screamed "Hello!", were a great experience. On one occasion during the day the bike stopped runing. This happened because of my misjudgement of the "thirst" of my Minsk, I ran out of petrol. After I pushed the bike for about a kilometer to the gas station, two Vietnamese guys stopped and offered me to bring some gasoline. I waited in the shade. With gasoline and the mandatory shot of oil for my two-stroke engine the bike worked perfectly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment