Monday, June 27, 2011

Kyrgyzstan I, Osh I

On Kyrgyz side the border are the suburbs of the second largest city Kyrgyzstan, Osh. The transfer from the border to the next town was therefore not a rip off, a welcome change. The hostel where I wanted to spend the night was unfortunately full, already. This gave me another night in a Soviet-style hotel.
In the thirteen days I'll spend in Kyrgyzstan, I won’t get closer to my destination Singapore. I'll make a loop from Osh to the north and then come back to Osh via the west of Kyrgyzstan. Then I will leave of Osh by bus to China.
In Osh, there is not much to see, besides the huge bazaar and the climate is the same as in Uzbekistan (hot). That's why I wanted to spend only a day there. Therefore I had to do a number of organizational matters on that day: getting money and exchange it, buy a sim card and bus ticket to China, and organize a place to stay in Bishkek. At the end of the day I had done all this.
The next day was dominated by the 11-hour taxi ride from Osh to Bishkek. To my luck Nora and Max from Berlin took the same taxi, so I could at least chat a bit. The route goes through the agriculturally shaped Ferghana Valley for the first two hours and is then getting more spectacular. We went past a dam, crossed 3000 + meter high mountain passes and high plains, which are fringed with traditional yurts (tents made of boiled wool) of shepherds.

No comments:

Post a Comment