Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Kyrgyzstan II, Bishkek

In Bishkek, I could again use couchsurfing, again. My host Aida gave me her room in the shared flat and went to stay with her aunt during for the three days I was in Bishkek.
During the taxi ride to Bishkek Aida called to ask me whether I would like to celebrate the birthday of another German traveler. I said yes. The last kilometers to Bishkek took longer than I expected, so I was directed by Aida to her Swiss roommate Anna. Once I reached the apartment, it was not long before Anna and I joined the birthday party. The pub where we celebrated was a mix of American steak house and a rustic design, with Kyrgyz waiters in traditional German costumes. The beer, live music and mimes, who were rushing from table to table, were very descent. Additionally, it was great to have a couple of beers and vodka shots in a relaxed atmosphere. I can not say anything about clubbing in Bishkek, as the "birthday boy" Florian and a Frenchman went for the clubs; the eleven-hour taxi ride took its toll.
The next day I went sightseeing. For a capital city Bishkek has surprisingly little sights to offer. After half of the day that it took me to see the most important sights, I still had no clear opinion on Bishkek. Bishkek is for me like a car of the middle priced segment in the basic configuration. It is not the most beautiful city or the one with the best nightlife. However, there are some beautiful places and the other attributes are met on a solid level.
On my last day in Bishkek, I printed my guidebook for China. In addition, I shaved off my beard.




No comments:

Post a Comment