Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ankara

I took the night train from Istanbul an extremely comfortable way travel to the Turkish capital. Before I start to criticize cities, that have been planned on the drawing board, I must explain the nature of my stay in Ankara. The reason for my visit to Ankara was only to get another visa. After all, I have been successful, the visa for Uzbekistan fills another page of my passport. I also had some privacy for the first time since the beginning of my journey, a separate hotel room. Most of my stay in Ankara, I spent thus in the embassy district and my hotel room. My point of view concerning Ankara is in any case, as already indicated above is not particularly good. Besides the old citadel, a number of museums and a comprehensive Attatürkcult the city stands only out from their capital status. At least the Ankara chapter, for me, fortunately for the time being is closed.
Currently I am on the way to Göreme in Cappadocia. If you got a bit of time to spare, look it up in google picture search. Otherwise it means waiting for the next post.

View from Ankara Citadel

No comments:

Post a Comment